St. John’s Mothers’ Union held its first meeting in 1897, twenty-one years after Mary Sumner started the organisation at her home, the Rectory in Old Arlesford. Today there are members in 78 countries around the world.
St John’s continues to have a branch of the Mothers’ Union. The Prayer Group meets every month for intercessory prayer. In July the branch takes its turn in the Mothers’ Union worldwide Wave of Prayer.
The members also organize lunches for specific occasions during the church year, e.g. Lent, Harvest Festival.
Within our congregation we give a small cross and card to baptism candidates and make the Christingles for the Christmas Eve children’s service.
- Services & Prayer
- Children and Families
- People & Groups
- News & Events
- Buildings & Hall Hire